VasoScreen 2000 enables a simultaneous oscillometric 4-channel blood pressure measurement on arms and ankles or optionally on arms and toes for peripheral vascular disease (PVD) diagnosis. Additionally, the pulse curves measured on the ankles are analysed and the propagation times of the pulse waves are evaluated.
Blood circulation variations before and after dilatations,
peripheral vascular training and medicamentous therapy can be
objectified in a time and cost saving way.
The advantages in contrast to doppler ABI measurement:
- Examination independent method
- Results are available within 3-4 minutes
- Automatic parameter calculation
- Dedicated for the detection of mediasclerosis and subclavia occlusion
- Documentation of side differences
- Windows-based analysis software
- Ideal for process control of the peripheral vascular disease
- Economical procedure
In an ABI comparison study with bidirectional Doppler Ultrasound an excellent correlation (r = 0.81) could be determined (see link).